Having An Edge Over Competitors And Having Happy Customers Shall Now Be An Easy Task For Businesses
DevOps helps to accelerate the delivery of software that is of higher quality by enabling the combination as well as automation of different teams like that of software development and IT operations. An agile software development life-cycle leads to businesses having an edge over competition as a result of which businesses tend to have happy customers.
What Does It Take into Account?
DevOps is associated with the collaboration as well as coordination between various roles that were formerly siloed and that involves,
- IT operations
- Quality Engineering
DevOps culture together with tools as well as practices are taken up for the purpose of
- Responding in a better way to the demands of the customers
- Gaining more confidence in the products or applications so developed
- Achieving the goals of business in a much faster way
DevOps assists teams to provide value added services to customers and this is achieved by delivering products that define high degree of reliability as well as refined quality.
The Life Cycle
The DevOps lifecycle begins with the development phase of the software, and it continues through to the delivery, maintenance as well as security phases. The different stages associated with the lifecycle are as follows:
- Planning Stage: In this stage, the work is organised, prioritisation of the work as well as the tracking the process of its completion are also taken into account.
- Create Stage: The code and the project data management with the concerned team and the writing, designing as well as the development of the same are taken up in this stage.
- Verification Stage: In this stage, it is ensured that the code works in the correct manner and that the quality is not compromised with.
- Secure: The different vulnerabilities are check in this stage through various tests like dynamic and static tests, also fuzz testing is applied
- The Release Stage: This stage is marked by the deployment of the software to the final users.
- Configuration Stage: The management and the configuration of the infrastructure that is required for the purpose of supporting the applications is done in this stage.
- Monitoring Stage: In this stage, the performance metrics and the different errors are tracked in order to reduce the frequency as well as the severity of the various incidents.
- The Governing Stage: Management of policies as well as compliance across the organisation is done in this stage.
The Adoption Impacts
Upon adoption of the culture of DevOps together with the tools and practices, wonders are achieved.
- The efficiency is increased, the collaboration of the team is improved, also there is proper usage of various tools of automation and the deployment of products is done in a continuous manner – and all of this lead to a rapid reduction of time involved between the inception of the product and the final launch in the market
- The culture of DevOps is such that it ensures that the team has a focus where the customer is kept at the top of the priority list. By shaking hands with agility, achieving collaboration of team, focusing on the experience of the customers, teams can render valued-added services to customers and gain advantage with respect to competition.
- With the adoption of practices associated with continuous improvement deployment of products and services is possible that reflect increased reliability as well as stability.7
The Role of DevSecOps
Security happens to have become an intrinsic part of the lifecycle of software development. DevSecOps makes it a point to see to it that the DevOps team gets a clear understanding about the requirements associated with security and compliance right from the scratch of the development of application and hence are in a state to protect the software integrity in an efficient way. In short, security testing is integrated at each stage of the process of software development and the practice is referred to as DevSecOps which stands for development, security and operations.
The Message That Got Conveyed
That was something about DevOps or the combination of development and operations to ensure that efficiency is increased and also the security factor associated with the software development is enhanced and faster delivery is ensured as compared to traditional methods.
It could be concluded that the merging of the development team and the operation team, which is in short DevOps, and is an organisational approach fosters faster application development and also the deployments that are in the existing phase can be easily maintained. The future shall see changes in the various usage of tools and strategies of an organisation, however the very motive behind the concept shall remain the same.